Maternal-Fetal Medicine Referrals
For Referring Physicians
Thank you for considering a referral to the Northwestern Medicine Maternal-Fetal Medicine program. As a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team, we stand ready to care for your patients and their babies who have complex or unexpected medical needs.
When you invite our specialists to join your patient’s care team, we will collaborate with you and maintain open communication about the treatment plan. To ensure a seamless referral experience, we will be accessible to you to answer questions, provide updates, and discuss treatment options and care coordination.
How We Work With Referring Physicians
Our specialists work closely with you to provide comprehensive prenatal care for patients and unborn babies with complex medical needs. You maintain primary responsibility for the patient’s overall pregnancy care, including delivery.
Some reasons a patient may need to be seen by a maternal-fetal medicine specialist:
- High blood pressure
- Positive HIV status
- Complications in previous pregnancies
- Multiple gestation
- Complications with the unborn baby
- Age of mother (very young, or older than 35)
- Other pre-existing illnesses
If you have any questions about the referral process or would like to speak with someone about a referral, please call us:
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital: 630.933.6091
- Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital: 630.938.8300
- Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital: 847.535.6263
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital: 847.802.7060
- Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital: 815.748.5837
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago (Galter Pavilion): 312.695.7542