Sinus and Allergy Professionals
At the Northwestern Medicine Sinus and Allergy Center, our multidisciplinary approach to care includes experts in allergic diseases, nasal and sinus disorders and immunologic disorders, so you can be sure your patient is seeing the right specialist for their specific condition.
We offer the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic options, including the latest research-based treatments. As a leading center for research in chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps, your patient may also be eligible for one of our clinical trials.
When to Refer
A referral to our center should be considered if your patient is experiencing any of the following:
- Chronic or recurrent sinus symptoms that do not respond to medical or surgical treatments
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nasal or sinus tumor, or mass
- Nasal polyps, fungal sinusitis and AERD/Samter’s triad
- Over the counter medications and antihistamines are no longer relieving symptoms
- Recurrent acute bacterial rhinosinusitis or chronic rhinosinusitis
- Sinus symptoms in the setting of an immunodeficiency (congenital or acquired)
- Suspected allergy or immunodeficiency
- The cause of the patient’s symptoms is unclear or unknown
- Unilateral or bilateral nasal obstruction
- Unusual sinus symptoms or conditions
We also offer second opinions regarding surgery for managing nasal or sinus disorders.
How to Refer
To refer a patient, call 312.695.8182.