We aim to provide exceptional patient-centered care through achieving surgical excellence, pioneering research and innovation, and cultivating future leaders in Thoracic Surgery.
Meet The Team
Northwestern thoracic surgeons have extensive experience across the full spectrum of thoracic conditions.
- Chest Wall Deformities
- Disorders of the Diaphragm
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Pulmonary)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Mediastinal Tumors
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Thymic Cancer
- Tracheal and Bronchial Stenosis
- Tracheal Tumors
- Tracheobronchomalacia (TBM)
Northwestern thoracic surgeons have extensive experience across the full spectrum of thoracic surgical treatments.
In the News
- After COVID-19, Cutting-Edge Double Lung Transplant Could Save Dad's Life: Part 1
- Surgeons Race Against Time to Transplant Lungs in Dad Who Survived COVID-19: Part 2
- Illinois Smokers Now Prioritized for the Coronavirus Vaccine
- The Ravages of COVID-19 Fuel Demand for Double Lung Transplants
- Northwestern Study Finds COVID-19 Can Result In Irreversible Lung Damage
- Woman Shares Story of Double-Lung Transplant to Treat COVID-19
- ABC7 News: Double Lung Transplant Performed on Woman who had COVID-19 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Featuring Dr. Ankit Bharat.
- The New York Times: COVID-19 Patient Gets Double Lung Transplant, Offering Hope for Others: Featuring Dr. Ankit Bharat.
- Fox32 News: Doctors: You don't have to skip your appointment due to coronavirus. Featuring Dr. Samuel Kim.
- WGN9: Doctors say postponing cancer treatment because of COVID could significantly impact prognosis. Featuring Dr. Samuel Kim.
- Doctors say postponing cancer treatment because of COVID could significantly impact prognosis.
- Double Lung Transplant Gives Suburban Woman New Chance at Life
- Northwestern Medicine doctors turn to rare treatment for COVID-19 patient with few options left
- ECMO Machine Used to Save COVID-19 Patient's Life, Officials Say