Immediate Care Centers
When the unexpected occurs, Northwestern Medicine Immediate Care is here when you need it, with board-certified physicians and healthcare professionals who specialize in treating illnesses, injuries and accidents.
With 25 convenient locations across the Chicago area, we are located close to where you live and work, offering both walk-in and virtual visits to better serve you and your family.
We provide care for:
- Minor illnesses such as cold, sore throat, flu, and respiratory and sinus infections
- Minor injuries, including cuts, animal bites, burns and sprains
- Urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases
- Skin irritations and rashes
For a medical evaluation with a physician or advanced practice provider, find your nearest location and view estimated wait times. Upon arrival, we offer in-person clinic and telehealth evaluations in an effort to serve you most efficiently.
- Learn about our virtual visits, which let you to talk with an Immediate Care physician or advanced practice provider without leaving home.
- You may be able to reserve a virtual visit after our Immediate Care Centers are closed.
- You must physically be in Illinois during your virtual visit.
Unsure if Immediate Care is right for you? Our Symptom Checker can point you in the right direction:
- COVID-19 vaccines: Visit the COVID-19 vaccination page to learn where to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Flu Vaccines: Flu vaccines are available from 11 am to 2 pm Tuesdays through Saturdays at Northwestern Medicine Immediate Care Centers for patients age 3 years and older. High dose flu shots available for people age 65 years and older. Visit the flu information page to learn more about the flu and where the flu vaccine is available.
- Adacel/Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis): This vaccination is available only when ordered by an Immediate Care Center physician or advanced practice provider as part of an Immediate Care Center visit.
Lab orders, tests and X-rays are available after evaluation by a physician. Point-of-care lab tests offered include:
- Blood Sugar
- Urine Dip Stick
Current walk-in wait times are estimated.